On November 2, the Federal Reserve announced yet another rate hike of 75 basis points, a move that Marty Green says wasn’t unexpected but officially brings us into a housing recession.
“The question is, when will the Fed pivot and indicate a pause, or at least significantly reduce its pace of increases?” Green asked. “For the residential real estate sector, the answer is not soon enough.”
One of the mortgage industry’s top legal authorities, Green was appointed to the Finance Commission of Texas by Governor Greg Abbott earlier this year. He has served as a leading industry voice around the Federal Reserve’s historic rate hikes, most recently being quoted in the following media outlets:
- Insurance News Net: Fed continues assault on inflation with another .75 point rate hike
- Bankrate: What the Fed’s November rate hike means for homebuyers and sellers
- HousingWire: Why industry experts don’t expect mortgage rates to fall
- Mortgage Professional America: Federal Reserve makes another big rate hike
- National Mortgage Professional: Mortgage Rates Drop After Good Inflation Report