Andrew R. Duane
with Polunsky Beitel Green since 2018
(713) 257-9124 ext. 303 (Houston)
Andy brings a variety of mortgage industry experience to his work supporting lenders on issues relating to file underwriting, complex loan products and post-closing matters. He is due diligence certified by the International Due Diligence Organization.
Before joining Polunsky Beitel Green, Andy processed loans for a boutique mortgage lender, specializing in owelty liens for borrowers in divorce proceedings. Before that, he produced internal and drive-by broker price opinions for real estate agents.
Those experiences gave Andy valuable insights on how to effectively guide a loan from application through underwriting to closing and motivated him to pursue a legal career to help mortgage lenders navigate the ever-changing regulatory landscape. While attending Texas A&M University School of Law, he furthered his extensive knowledge of the industry by working with Polunsky Beitel Green’s document review and preparation team.
Andy previously received a prestigious United States congressional fellowship and worked at all levels of government for the State of Thüringen in eastern Germany. His studies focused on the government’s involvement in private transactions and the lingering effects of German reunification.
Honors and Certifications
- Due Diligence Certified, International Due Diligence Organization
- Supreme Court of the United States
- State of Texas
- J.D., Texas A&M University School of Law (2017)
- B.A., Oklahoma State University (2011)
Professional Memberships and Community Activities
- Texas Mortgage Bankers Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Houston Mortgage Bankers Association
- Aggie Bar Association
- Houston Rodeo, Wine Garden Volunteer
- St. Thomas More Society, Volunteer
Begin a conversation with our professionals.