with Polunsky Beitel Green since 2022
(210) 349-4488 ext. 406 (San Antonio)
Caroline succeeded Polunsky Beitel Green Director of Regulatory Affairs Doug Foster as commissioner of the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending, making PBG the only Texas law firm to employ multiple former state mortgage commissioners. Caroline and Doug are responsible for implementing much of the state’s current regulatory framework for mortgage lending.
As commissioner, Caroline served on the board of the American Council of State Savings Supervisors, including as board chair. She also served as a member of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council’s State Liaison Committee.
A graduate of Tulane University and St. Mary’s University School of Law, Caroline served as national compliance director and legal counsel for DHI Mortgage and as deputy commissioner and general counsel at the Texas Department of Savings & Mortgage Lending before becoming commissioner in 2014.
Honors and Certifications
- Texas Bankers Association Distinguished Service Award (2021)
- State of Texas
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law (1981)
- B.A., Tulane University (1978)
Professional Memberships and Community Activities
- Texas Mortgage Bankers Association
- Austin Habitat for Humanity
- Center for Battered Women (SAFE Alliance)
- Junior League of Austin
- Caritas of Austin
- Seton Cove
- Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd
Begin a conversation with our professionals.