Director of Regulatory Affairs
with Polunsky Beitel Green since 2014
A former Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending commissioner who spent 29 years in various capacities at the department, Doug assists our clients in all phases of regulatory approvals and investigations.
Doug brings to his clients a wealth of insight he has accumulated as a longtime state and national authority on mortgage regulation. He recently served as vice chairman of the board of managers for the State Regulatory Registry, which owns and operates the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry. As an SRR board member, he served as chairman of two committees that explored both the feasibility and the eventual implementation of the Uniform State Test adopted by all 50 U.S. states and territories.
Doug is also the former chairman of the American Council of State Savings Supervisors, the national trade association for state depository financial institution regulatory agencies. In addition, he is the former vice chairman of the State Liaison Committee for the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, created by Congress for regulatory uniformity among the five federal agencies charged with financial industry oversight: the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Reserve, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, National Credit Union Administration and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, Doug began his career at a credit union and worked for several years as a branch manager and loan officer for a small savings and loan before his employment with the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending.
Honors and Certifications
- Habitat for Humanity State of Texas, Volunteer of the Year (2021)
- Texas Real Estate Teachers Association, Global Visionary Award (2014)
- Church World Service CROP, Charter Inductee Texas Hall of Honor (1995)
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin (1982)
Professional Memberships and Community Activities
- Texas Real Estate Research Center at Texas A&M (Advisory Board vice chairman 2021 – present)
- Habitat for Humanity Texas Statewide Board Member and Treasurer (2014-2020)
- Lockhart Economic Development Corporation (2020 – present)
- Caldwell County Texas Exes (chapter president, 2019 – present)
- Foundation for the Homeless, Fundraising Team Leader (2009 – 2017)
- First United Methodist Church, Lockhart (director of youth ministry, 2003 – 2017)
- Lockhart Gaslight Baker Theatre (advisory director, 2006 – present)
Begin a conversation with our professionals.