Jay G. Beitel
with Polunsky Beitel Green since 1982
(210) 349-4488 ext. 103 (San Antonio)
Jay Beitel advises several of the country’s leading lending institutions on mortgage loan closings. He was one of the first attorneys in the state to be board certified in both residential real estate law and commercial real estate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
In addition to his extensive work in mortgage loan closings, Jay counsels the firm’s clients on document preparation issues and regulatory and compliance matters involving both commercial and residential real estate. A former municipal court judge, Jay is a highly sought-after lecturer and instructor on the latest real estate law issues and trends.
Jay has been recognized multiple times as a Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly.
Honors and Certifications
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer (2006 – 2019)
- Fellow, State Bar of Texas
- Board Certified in Residential Real Estate Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1985 – present)
- Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1985 – present)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- State of Texas
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law (1973)
- B.B.A., St. Mary’s University (1970)
Professional Memberships and Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- Texas Mortgage Bankers Association
- City Attorney for the City of Hollywood Park, Texas
- City of Hollywood Park, Texas Municipal Court Judge (1978 – 1983)
- Westlaw, Contributing Editor (2022)
Begin a conversation with our professionals.